The HP ProLiant DL380p Gen8 Server series sets the standard for next generation 2U 2-socket rack servers. With improvements in serviceability, unmatched performance, enhanced configuration flexibility, and customer-inspired design, the DL380p Gen8 offers the perfect solution for the dynamic compute requirements of today's demanding data centers.
HP ProLiant DL380p Gen8 Server, supports HP iLO Management Engine, a complete set of embedded management features supporting the complete lifecycle of the server, from initial deployment, through ongoing management, to service alerting and remote support. HP iLO Management Engine is standard on all HP ProLiant Gen8 Servers and it includes: HP iLO, HP Intelligent Provisioning (previously known as SmartStart), HP Agentless Management, HP Active Health System and HP embedded Remote Support.
- Up to two (2) Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 product family processors offering even more powerful performance and flexible features that meet a variety of compute needs
- Double the memory capacity over the prior generation and faster 1600MHz DDR3 memory speeds
- More I/O throughput with up to six (6) available PCI-Express expansion slots (up to 8GT/s) standard with optional two (2) x16 riser, and 150W single width graphics support
- New HP Smart Array P420i FBWC controllers combined with new HP SmartDrives deliver improved manageability and reduced downtime
- New 12LFF and 25SFF drive cages give you more storage options and local, larger storage footprints
- New FlexibleLOM technology provides a choice in networking with 1Gb or 10Gb NICs, CNA, SFP+, FCoE or InfiniBand options
Redefining the Customer Experience
- User-inspired design features that anticipate your needs and virtually eliminate common issues that result in downtime include HP SmartDrives, HP Smart Socket guide, “Snap and Go” rails, flat cabling design, and easy tool-less access to all customer serviceable components.
- Integrated Lifecycle Automation, an industry first, provides embedded provisioning tools, Active Health monitoring, and system maintenance capabilities standard on all ProLiant Gen8 servers and built using the industry-leading HP iLO Management Engine.
- Dynamic Workload Acceleration delivers smarter data protection for ever-increasing drive capacities, real-time workload-aware analysis to optimize and adapt storage performance and 6X faster solid state performance versus previous generation.
- Automated Energy Optimization improves the server’s ability to analyze and respond to “3D sea of sensors” data within the server as well as self-identify location and inventory through Insight Control for maximum workload optimization across the entire data center.
Intuitive, Configurable Management System Eliminates Tedious, Time-Consuming Tasks
- Intelligent Provisioning takes strengths from products like SmartStart, Smart Update Manager, and ProLiant Support Packs, enhances them with the latest ease-of-use features and places them, where you can use them instantly, on the system board.
- Agentless hardware monitoring and alerting capabilities are built into the server with HP Agentless Management. Starts working the moment that a power cord and an Ethernet cable are connected to the server.
- HP Active Health System provides 24x7 continuous health monitoring, 100% configuration change logging, and faster problem analysis with HP Service and Support. Start problem analysis 5x faster using unified diagnostic tools with secure data transfer to HP Service and Support.
Improved Application, Storage, and I/O Performance
- HP SmartMemory with unmatched performance, quality and manageability advantages above industry standard memory. Support for RDIMMs, UDIMMs, and LRDIMMs up to 768GB max capacity and 128GB capacity at 1600MHz.
- New embedded Smart Array RAID controller and support for HP Smart Storage including PCIe 3.0, HP SmartDrives, and up to 2GB Flash Backed Write Cache (FBWC). Choice of up to twenty-five (25) 2.5-inch SFF or twelve (12) 3.5-inch LFF SAS, SATA, or SSD drives.
- HP FlexibleLOM provides the ability to customize server networking today and the ability to meet future needs without overhauling server hardware. Provides choice of bandwidth (1G and 10G) and fabric (Ethernet, FCoE, InfiniBand), supports WOL, and provides a shared iLO port for ease of use.
Built for Performance, Efficiency and Easier Access
- ENERGY STAR® qualified ProLiant DL380p Gen8 server configurations illustrate HP’s continued commitment to helping customers conserve energy and save money.
- With new universal tool-free sliding rails the DL380p Gen8 is quick to install and quick release levers allow for fast server access. An ambidextrous cable management arm option provides cabling flexibility and management for quick access to the server.
- First 3D array of temperature sensors (part of the HP unique Thermal Discovery Services) that helps precisely control server fans to direct cooling, reducing unnecessary fan power drain.
- First high efficiency HP Platinum Plus common-slot power supplies (460W, 750W, 1200W) that can communicate with our HP Intelligent PDU to insure that redundant supplies are plugged into redundant PDUs.
- Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 Product family offers higher performance, power efficiency, and more adaptability with Intel QuickPath, Integrated Memory Controller, Turbo Boost, Intelligent Power Technologies and Trusted Execution Technology.